About the University
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU) was established by act 16 of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in 2016. HPNLU has been proactive to take initiatives that help to enhance the academic potential of the learners. HPNLU has been dynamically using digital platforms to raise awareness about issues pertaining to various legal fields such as fundamental duties, reproductive rights of women, human rights and access to justice, etc.
About the Competition
The competition is a flagship event devised with the aim to inculcate mooting culture and create opportunities for the students to learn the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in constitutional law besides armouring the coming generation of legal fraternity with research and oratory skills.
The competition shall comprise of two stages:
Round I: Memorial Elimination Round; and
Round II: Oral Rounds.
The competition is open only for the bonafide undergraduate law students pursuing 3-years or 5-year LL.B. degree programme in any Bar Council of India recognized University.
Only ONE team can register per institution for this competition.
Each team shall consist of a minimum of 2 (both designated as ‘Speakers’) and a maximum of 3 members (two members designated as ‘Speakers’ and one as ‘Researcher’).
The teams must complete all the registration formalities (of Round I) by 22nd September 2021 (11:59 P.M. IST).
The interested teams or institutions are required to register for the competition by filling the registration form for Round I.
The Moot Proposition is based on Constitutional law.
- Release of Moot Proposition and Brochure: September 10, 2021
- Last Date of Registration (Round I): September 22, 2021
- Last Date for any Clarification: September 25, 2021
- Last Date for the Submission of Memorial: October 10, 2021
- Release of Results for Round-I: October 20, 2021
- Deadline for Payment and Registration of Round -II: October 25, 2021
- Orientation and Researcher test and Memo Exchange: September 29, 2021
- Preliminary Rounds I & II: September 30, 2021
- Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals Rounds: September 31, 2021
- Finals Rounds and Valedictory Session: September 31, 2021
The detailed program shall be communicated to the participants via email.
Mode of Payment
The teams have to make a prior payment of Registration fees for Round 1, i.e., INR 1000/- via SBI Collect online bank transfer, in order to fill the Round 1 Registration form.
The teams that would qualify Round-1, i.e., the Memorial Elimination Round, shall be required make another payment of INR 2000/- via SBI Collect online bank transfer before 25th October 2021 (11:59 P.M. IST).
*For detailed rules and processes regarding payment check Brochure/Rulebook.
All queries must be directed at mcc[at]hpnlu.ac.in or you can get in touch with the undersigned
· Subham Saurabh (Student Convenor): (+91) 7355190904.
· Eshita Jain (Student Co-Convenor): (+91) 9340023895.
· Nikita Sharma (Student Co-Convenor): (+91) 8219461079.
· Sheenam Thakur (Student Addl. Co-Convenor): (+91) 8988248564.2nd-HPNLU-NMCC-Brochure