About the Workshop
Lex Auxilium Presents a two-day workshop on Hacks of Researching the Moot Problem and Mastering the Art of Memorial Making. The workshop focuses on training the students on the skill set required to ace a moot. From how to read and research a moot problem to Hacks to read a long judgment. We in our workshop have covered everything. The students in their preliminary years of law studies could grab this opportunity and get all the tips and tricks needed for a good mooter.
This course would be useful if you are a 1st and 2nd-year law student and who due to the pandemic has not been able to have a clear picture about researching skills for a moot.
Overall this is a golden opportunity for all the law students to learn about Mooting skills and Memorial drafting from scratch.
Who should attend?
Law Students (From 1st year to 5th Year)
The uniqueness of the Course
- Get a better understanding of the topics by being mentored by legal experts.
- Lessons will be taught by our legal experts having experience in teaching and research.
- Presentation Skills: Oral Expression and Advance software for presentation.
- Live Streaming Classes: The Resource Person will administer a live session on Zoom. In this lesson, you can make comments and get personal input. [In case anybody missed any of the seminars, documentation of the sessions would be available.]
- Live Uncertainty Clearing: You can tell the professional questions; even have your query cleared live.
Details of the Online Workshop
Duration- 2-3 , July 2021
Time- 5 pm to 6.30 pm
Day 1 – Researching for the Moot
1. Introduction to moots
a) How to choose a moot
b) How to Form a Team
2. How to read the moot problem
3. How to form issues if it is not given
4. Preparing skeleton arguments
5. Research for the moot problem
6. Using Manupatra and SCC online for moot research
7. Relevance of case commentaries and judicial reports
8. Time Management
Day 2 – Drafting of Memorial
1. Statement of Jurisdiction
3. Arguments Advanced
5. Formatting style
6. Precautions to be taken while drafting
About the Resource Person
Dr. Gagan did his LLB from University of Mysore. He did his LLM from National Law School of India University, Bangalore with specialisation in Business Laws. He was awarded the UGC Junior Research fellowship by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and University Grants Commission in the year 2014. He has done his PhD in the field of Competition Law from University of Mysore. He has previously taught at School of Law. Christ Deemed to be University, Bangalore.
His research articles have been published in Criminal Law Journal published by All India Reporter, Indian Bar Review published by Bar Council of India, Indian Law Review – published by NLIU Bhopal, Bangalore University Law Journal, Chanakya National Law University Law Journal distributed by Eastern Book Company and Asian Journal of Development Matters.
He has authored a book titled “Succeeding in Law Exams”, published by Equanimity Press and available on Amazon. He has contributed chapters to 5 edited books. His blog post on “Intermediary Liability” was indexed by Centre for Internet Society. His article on “Open Educational Resources” was published by by The Wire website.
His empirical study on “Women Advocates in Mysuru Law Courts” won the best paper award at the National Conference 2017, Christ University. He has 5 years of teaching experience. At present, he is on sabbatical to complete a book on Competition Law to be published by Thomson Reuters.
- Sample draft of award winning memorials will be provided
- Certificates to all the candidates
Registration and Contact details
Registration Fees: 199 /- INR
Payment Details:- Paytm/ Google Pay/ PhonePe
8053434428 [Pradeep Sharma]
For any queries
WhatsApp Number – 7892601941