The Constitutional Law Society, Faculty of Law, Integral University is organizing the 3rd National Legal Essay Writing Competition with Jus Corpus as Knowledge Partner.
- Invasion of Privacy and TRP: Demolishing the fourth pillar of Democracy
- Suicide as a measure of reducing or aggravating Suffering: A Right to Life with Human Dignity
- Lockdown and Citizens Rights at Loggerheads
The competition is open for Research Scholars and Students (studying in any of the recognized Schools/ Colleges/ Departments of the Universities)
The participation fee (non-refundable) is Rs. 300/- for single author and 400/- for two authors, only payable by PhonePay/GooglePay on 7275061622.
- Submissions are to be made in electronic form only and are to be sent to email@example.com with the subject “Submission –3rd National Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2020”.
- The essay must be accompanied by a covering email providing the participant’s name, address, institutional identity card and proof of payment of the entry fee.
- All submissions must be made on or before 5:00 PM, 24th November, 2020.
- Participants are allowed to submit one essay only; multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship up to one is permitted.
- Submission shall be in English only.
- Word limit of the submission is 2,000-3,000 words, excluding footnotes.
- Any submission that is found to be plagiarized shall be disqualified from the Competition. To protect the creative interest plagiarism shall be permitted only up to 20%.
- The essay should be original work of the authors and should not have been published in any form or manner before. Integral University will not be responsible for any claims made by any parties regarding copyright infringements in the works submitted by authors.
- Participant shall not include his/her name in the submission’s text in any form.
- Copyright of the submission shall remain with Integral University.
- In case of any conflicts, the jury shall be the final authority on the guidelines.
- Submission shall be typewritten in an A4 sized document with 1-inch margin on all sides and be Main text of the submission shall be in Font Times New Roman 12-point. Further, footnotes shall be in Font Times New Roman 10-point.
- Submission should be 1.5 spaced, and; footnotes should be single-spaced.
- Submission must be in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format
- All submissions must follow the Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition system of citation.
Registration – 15th November 2020, 11:59 PM. Submission – 15th November 2020, 11:59 PM.
The result of the essay writing competition will be declared on 26th November, 2020.
1st Prize: Certificate of Appreciation + Medal + ₹3000/- Cash Prize 2nd Prize: Certificate of Appreciation + Medal + ₹2000/- Cash Prize 3rd Prize: Certificate of Appreciation + Medal + ₹1000/- Cash Prize
*Top entries will be published in an Issue of Jus Corpus.
For any query, feel free to reach us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student-in-Charge: Adnan Athar Quraishi, Sariyah Khan